Happy Monday lovelies! Last night I was up late sketching some of my favorite looks from the Golden Globes as they walked the red carpet… there were definitely some gorgeous gowns! You should still be able to catch work-in-progress clips on my Snapchat (@JoannaLBaker) and Instagram Stories (@JoannaBaker) if you check by 7pm tonight! Here are close ups of some of my favorite dresses…
Since I’m slowly starting to get back into the swing of things, I’ve been looking to my favorite blogs for inspiration. I’ve been following Jessica of Bows & Sequins for probably over a year now. She has a great sense of style and exudes excitement for fashion and girly-girl fun through her blog. Plus, she’s super hilarious and types how she thinks which makes me literally laugh out loud.
A blogger inspired post was just the thing to get me back into my little window studio. (Will share pics later of my new space once it’s completely set up!) I love a great fashion find for a bargain and Jessica narrates the story of her super steal on this beautiful Valentino dress. Be sure to head on over to her blog and read this post. Thanks, Jessica for being an inspiration!
I’m still here, I promise! This past month and the one ahead are all about prepping for the big day… every weekend from here on out is packed with to-do’s and celebrations! Exciting, but tiring and I’m afraid my poor blog has taken the brunt of the neglect =/ I wanted to keep you all in the loop with an instagram recap… thank you so much for checking back in and hang in there, I hope to be drawing again soon!!
The past three weeks in review…
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Central park during our engagement shoot
2. Tea pot cake at my bridal shower
3. “Just Married” and “I Do” dish towels from Mom
4. Gorgeous flowers from the shower
5. Vintage photos of my Grandmother, the top two are from her wedding day
6. Bachelorette girls weekend with my BFF of 23 years included Ladurée (of course!)
7. A trip to Bergdorf’s was also a must
8. The ING marathon front runners just steps from our apartment
9. Tea cups… just received my first two and have started my own collection!
These sweet treats from the bridal shower were amazing… the hostess and dear family friend, Sue outdid herself! Marie Antoinette would have been jealous!! =)
Have a great week, I hope to be back here soon!